Monday, March 31, 2014

Vivid Vases by Stampin' Up!

I played a little with my brand new Vivid Vases (Wood Stamp 133818 $14.95 in the Celebrate the Everyday catalogue) stamp today too (told you I found some Stampin' Mojo).  Here's what I came up with.


I lost my mojo by the time it came to put the actual card together but I LOVE how the actual stamp looks.  I simply stamped the image in black ink and them used the "paper piecing" technique on the vases.

Paper piecing is a fun technique and one I hadn't used for a while. Simply stamp your image onto some coloured or patterned cardstock and then carefully, using sharp scissors, cut out the individual pieces (in this case, the vases) and attach to your original image.

Then, I just coloured in the flowers with my Marvelous Markers and I was done!

No comments: