Monday, June 16, 2014

Work of Art

I saw a photo of a card on Pinterest last week and fell in love with it. What I didn't realize at the time was just how EASY and gorgeous this card is.

Isn't it pretty. It's actually even nicer in real life. It really looks like a Work of Art!
Once I got started, I couldn't stop...

These were all made using the new 2014-2016 In Colors.
Then, last night, I decided to try out the Envelope Punch Board and make a little card box for my beautiful cards.  I decided to go with last year's In Colors (Strawberry Slush, Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Coastal Cabana). I made the cards first (cuz I'm addicted).



Then I tried the box. It was my VERY first time using the Envelope Punch Board. I watched a how-to video on YouTube and it turned out to be pretty easy.

I used some 2013-2015 DSP that I had on hand so that everything would match (natch).

The cards fit in perfectly.
Then I used a little belly band to keep the boxes closed.

I'm not sold on my choice of label. I might change that out but you get the idea.
In under an hour, I had 2 gifts (great for teachers, crossing guard, daycare workers OR people who make large donations to The Weekend to End Women's Cancers ;-). Each card box holds 4 cards and envelopes. 

If you'd like the details of any of the products used, just let us know. We are always happy to share!!

2 comments:

Helen Willson said...

I just did a comment and I don't know what happen. but my comment was I use old discontinue wall paper books and line envelopes w/ a contrasting page from wall paper book. everyone is so impressed with the results. I can tell you when you line envelope only glue with (I use red ) and only do the pointed edges, and put the liner down half way, this will give the liner paper to move and not tear the envelope.

Anonymous said...

Whay did you use to make the flower on the card?

Aleta