Tuesday, February 10, 2015

SAB Tuesday

I had an "All Occasions" card class on Sunday where we made 4 different cards for 4 different occasions. A Valentine's card, a Sympathy card, a Thank You card (below) and a Birthday card.

The Thank You was super easy and would be beautiful in any of the Stampin' Up! colours. I think it would also be nice with some variations on the tag and maybe some ribbon would be nice too.


  1. Sorry for the lousy photo.  I am adding "create photo taking area in Craft Cave" to my to do list.  
  2. I am still LOVING Stampin' Up!'s Irristibly Yours DSP.  I am going to have to place a few more orders before the end of March so that I can up my stash of it. I will miss it when it's gone!  If you haven't got yours yet, you need only place a $60 order and you can get a package for free during Sale-A-Bration.  
  3. I was going for a little "fancy sponge-work" with this card. It's not really apparent in the photo (see #1) but I was going for a cloud effect.  I like how it came out and it can definitely be customized to your preference (darker/lighter/less/more....)
  4. I did a few different samples of the tag for the class. I like people to use the card samples as inspiration but to put their own spin on them.  
  5. The corners of the Cool Cabana strip under the tag were punched with Stampin' Up!'s "ticket punch" which is now retired (replaced by the Punch Builder Ticket Duo (item #126883). This is a punch that I really like and used often in the past.  I was happy to "rediscover" it again this weekend.
  6. My current favourite colour, seems to be Coastal Cabana.  I am in love with it. It's great on it's own but goes so well with many different colours too.  
Don't forget, Sale-A-Bration is still on (until March 31st).  Have you got everything you want from the S-A-B catalogue yet?  If not, there's still time to get everything you want.  Order, Join or Host to take advantage of all the free product. I am currently scheduling workshops for March and have a limited number of available week night evenings in February.  Contact me asap and we can find a suitable date for your workshop!

No comments: