Thursday, February 12, 2015

Throwback Thursday

Hi again!  This is my 3rd post this week. Wow!  I am so impressed with myself.

At the beginning of the new year, I had a plan to do a weekly card post called TBT* Stampin' Up! style.  But, then Sale-A-Bration started and I got so excited with all my NEW stamps and paper that I had absolutely zero interest in looking at anything "old".

If you've spent any time in the Stampin' Up! world, you'll know that "old" is a relative term. I mean, I'M old. The Seasonally Scattered stamp set (used to create the card below) came out in the Holiday Mini catalogue making it about 6 months old. Now, it's retired.  I KNOW!  I don't get it. I feel like I've barely had a chance to use this set but it's such a great one!  It comes with 3 stamps in total.  "Merry" and "Thanks" are included as well).

I made this beautiful card for my All Occasions class on Sunday using a RETIRED stamp set. Rookie move!  Then, I decided that I didn't care. Retired stamp - schmetired shmamp. LOL!


This card is so pretty in real life.  A piece of Irresistably Yours DSP brayered with Encore Metallic Gold ink layered onto a Whisper White card base. Then, a piece of Gold Foil cardstock as a mat behind the 2nd piece of Whisper White cardstock. "LOVE" from the retired Seasonally Scattered set was also stamped with Encore Metallic Gold. It's my favourite of the day.

So, you can't buy this stamp set anymore but there are so many current stamp sets that I can think of that would be gorgeous instead.  

  • the ampersand from the You Plus Me set; 
  • the Sheltering Tree stamp; 
  • any of the stamps from Big On You; 
  • Best. Day. Ever from the Best Day Ever set. 
The list would be long so I'll stop now.

Hope you enjoyed this edition of TBT - Stampin' Up! Style. I will try to post most more often.

*TBT - also known as Throwback Thursday is a "term" used for posting old photos.

No comments: