Tuesday, March 31, 2015

New Week - New Mojo

As I mentioned last week, I've been a little lacking in the stamping mojo department lately and Stamp Club was on Friday night and I was feeling anxious about the cards for the evening.  

But, leave it to my Stamp Club girls (they are amazing) to put their own twist on "my ideas"**.

Here's a look at each of the cards.

My favourite of the evening although I feared this might be a little bit too "beginner" for my advanced Stamp Club girls. I do love the Best Year Ever DSP though (Sale-A-Bration catalogue) paired with the sentiment stamp from the Hello Life stamp set (2015 Occasions catalogue). Now that I think of it, I'm gonna have to order more of that paper! 
My 2nd favourite of the evening. I love the big and bold sentiments (there are 4 in all) in the Big On You Stamp Set (2015 Occasions catalogue) but, it was late Thursday night when I put this card together and it just looks sloppy to me. I was unhappy with my efforts. Maybe you can't tell but it just wasn't "perfect" to me.
Ok, first of all, look at how well this card goes with the panelling in my Stamp Room!  LOL!  Second, I was SO excited about this card.  Look at that cute little bird peaking through the hole in the fence just to say "You're the Best".  The inside however......
Ack!  I know!! Who the heck taught me how to colour??!! Like I said, earlier in this blog post and before in other posts, that crazy-eyed llama paired with "Let's Party" just cracks me up but really, I am so disappointed in my colouring job, using (now discontinued) Blendabilities that I would never give this card to anyone. What's even worse?  I stamped and then coloured directly onto my card. If you've ever used Blendabilities before, you'll know what the back of my card lookos like. Total rookie mistake.  
As I said, my talented Stamp club girls had their own takes on a couple of the cards.  
M changed the DSP (Stacked With Love DSP Stack - Occasions catalogue) and used silver embossing powder instead of black.Oh, and stars instead of those mushy, annoying hearts. 
S changed it up too by choosing the flip side of my DSP and using silver embossing powder too. Great job on the embossing too!

M went for a colourful barnyard, similar to mine but I LOVE the green goat and the purple llama.  
On Saturday, I tried to make myself feel better by sitting down and working on a card that I fell in love with a while ago and really wanted to do for Stamp Club but didn't have enough DSP to go around.

I just love that sweet little bird from the A Happy Thing stamp set (Sale-A-Bration catalogue). I would definitely give this card to any one of my my great friends, whether they're a stamper or not. Think I'm gonna need some more Birthday Bash DSP (Occasions catalogue) too.
Remember!  Today is the LAST DAY of Sale-A-Bration. If there is still something that you just have to have from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue, you'll need to place your minimum $60 order today!!

**None of the cards from Friday night's Stamp Club meeting were "my idea". They were all CASE'd from the ever-time-sucking, Pinterest; my favourite way to spend a couple of hours, morning, day weekend.


No comments: