Thursday, July 2, 2015

Watercolor Wings Meets Butterfly Basics

I finally finished prepping for this Friday's Birthday Card Class and found myself with a little extra time just to play. I LOVE planning and preparing for Stamp classes and workshops but in truth, I don't always have the extra time (or mojo) to stamp just for fun. Just for me.  

I have been wanted to stamp a little set of notecards for my mom and with a brand new, never been inked Watercolor Wings stamp set sitting on my side table, it seemed like the perfect set to use.

I did a little Googling and a little YouTubing and found out that the New Watercolor Wings set and the "not quite as new but still new in my mind" Butterfly Thinlits Dies from the Butterfly Basics Bundle all coordinate together!  What!!???  

That is so awesome and how did I not already know that? Bad Stampin' Up! demonstrator!

OK. On to my notecards.


Cute, right?  I made 3, as you can see. A Birthday, a Thank You and a, be still my heart, Just for You (from the retired set I wrote about here).

The cards were made using one of my favourite Stampin' Up! products, the Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes. The note cards are thick and come pre-cut and pre-scored and make card making even easier! Love them! The butterfly image is a 3-step stamp. The first solid butterfly was stamped in Daffodil Delight. The second image adds detail to the butterfly's wins and was stamped in Tangerine Tango and then, Cherry Cobbler was used on the third stamp which adds colour to the tips of the wings.  They were actually quite pretty all on their own but the addition of the medium sized butterfly cut out using the Butterfly Thinlits Die turns this beautiful, 1-dimensional image into what looks almost like a real, live Monarch butterfly sitting on your card.

I had so much fun making these three little cards. I hope my mom likes them just as much!

Thanks for stopping by!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: