Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Thinking of You Week

Have you sent out any Thinking of You cards so far this week?  

On Monday, I sent a card to my mom.  I talk to her often and see her not quite as often as I wish I did but I think getting a little note in the mail is always a nice thing.

Yesterday, my mother-in-law's card went in the mail.  We never see her as she is a 5 hour flight away. In fact, I've only ever spent time with her twice in the entire time I've been married to her son, but she does have lots of family close by so that makes it a little easier to be so far away.  Hope she likes her card.

Today, my beautiful niece (who I also don't see as much as I would like) will have a card mailed to her. I'm pretty sure she doesn't read her old aunt's blog (how lame would that be?) so I'm safe to post some photos here. I don't think  I have ever posted this card before. I made it for a "triple technique" class that never happened. I know...one of these days I'll do a video - this card, I don't think, will make any sense without a video but here it is anyways.

This is how the card looks when it comes out of the envelope.
Simple Delightful Dijon card base with some Bohemian DSP
added to the front. The "hi!" added to the belly band is from the
I Think You're Great stamp set (cuz I think she's great).
After you slide the belly band off, and you start to open
the "front gate" of the card, the inside starts to move and open...

Until you open it all the way to see the greeting inside.
See, I really DO think she's great.
This is called a Shutter Card. This is the first shutter card I have made but I like the effect. It takes a little more patience than your average card but well worth it, I think.  

I was googling around the internet yesterday (my favourite pass-time) and came across some nice sentiments to include on a note/thinking of you card. Here are a few of them. Feel free to use any or all of them for your next Thinking of You card.

1.  I may not be able to fix the challenges that you are going through, but I can at least make sure you don't have to face them alone.

2.  Just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of you lately, which really isn't much different than most other times.

3.  It's been too long. I was thinking of you and wanted to let you know. Let's get together soon.

4.  I miss seeing you so I wanted to send you a card to let you know I am thinking of you.

5.  Just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you lately. I am reminded of you as I go through my day and I smile.

6.  You are too far away from me but you stay close in my thoughts.

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

No comments: