Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Here We Go...UPDATED - See bottom of post

The launch of the 2016 Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration is Stampin' Up's biggest promotion of the year!  What has made it even more exciting for me was the opportunity to attend Stampin' Up's first ever OnStage event on Saturday November 14th.

The OnStage Live event took place in Brussels this year (the event will happen twice per year and the location will change each time) and was a full weekend event. Brussels is a little far for me to travel for the weekend but I will definitely be giving some serious thought to participating in Salt Lake City in April 2016.  Join the P4T team (Sale-A-Bration is a great time to become a demonstrator) and you can join me!

Okay, on with some photos...

When we arrived at the Mississauga Convention Centre for the OnStage event, we were handed our cute little tote bag to hold all of our loot - and there was ALOT. We were totally spoiled.


Even though it was 7:00 a.m on a Saturday morning (some people had already been up for hours, having driven from far away locations across the province) we were all in a big party mood...


Can you say ladies gone wild??

Inside of our cute little tote bags, were a couple of Stampin' Up' pens and some information about the day. Some cute little odds and ends and oh yeah...a new stamp set!

This stamp set is called Happy Home and works perfectly with the
Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies that are in the current Holiday catalog.
I love that Stampin' Up! is making products that extend the life
of my purchases. If you were worried that the Hearth &
Home Thinlits Dies were only going to be good for
Christmas, you can stop worrying.
The make n' takes were alot of fun. It cannot be easy to organize make n' takes for somewhere around 300 women I'm estimating. But it all ran pretty smoothly.  I'm going to share the make n' take made with a new item in the catalog that I fell in love with before I even saw it in real life.

Just look at that gorgeous, freakin' die cut!
This heart was made using the Bloomin' Heart Thinlits Die and it is part of
the Love Blossoms Suite. There are 3 dies and a Gorgeous Stamp Set
called Bloomin' Love included in the bundle
and can I just also say one more thing?
Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper. Swoon!!
Tomorrow I'll share another make n' take using a fantastic set of stamps and DSP that will be perfect for that man (men?) in your life. 

All Stampin' Up! events have a little thing called "Prize Patrol". Women go out. of. their. ever-lovin'. minds when Prize Patrol is announced.  I've been to three or four events that included a Prize Patrol and never won a thing. Nothing. I'm not greedy but it's sometimes difficult to keep get excited when people are winning two and three times and you haven't won anything. Yesterday, at OnStage, everyone was given a button that looked like this and was in 1 of 6 different Stampin' Up! colours. 

Probably hard to tell in the photo but mine was Old Olive
Throughout the day, they would announce one of he 6 colours. If your button was that colour, you would win a brand new stamp set!  They called the 1st colour, the 2nd colour, the 3rd colour...then we had lunch. They called the 4th colour. Then we did a make n' take. One girl at my table who was beginning to look a little long in the face, won her stamp set when they called the 5th colour and starting yelling "Yay, they saved the best for last!!!!"  What?  Seriously? Again I would leave a loser?

But, Stampin' Up! didn't let me down. They called Old Olive and I jumped out of my seat and waved my arms in the air and received my awesome new stamp set!

Timeless Textures is a beautiful stamp set in the
same category, I would say, as Gorgeous Grunge (one of
my favourites). There was a beautiful sample made
with this card and I can't wait to start using it and perhaps
planning a card around it.
We weren't done yet though. The day was pretty much over but they had one more little surprise for us before we all headed home. 

Apple of My Eye is so cute and, I think, perfect for those
of us who are not really into all the hearts and flowers and
general lovey-dovey "pinkness" of Valentine's Day. I can't wait to
make a set of cards using these images.
Okay. Is that enough information for one day?  I think that you're gonna fall in love with  the new Occasions Catalog and don't forget, with the release of this catalog on January 5th, Sale-A-Bration will also go into full swing. 2 months of FREE EXCLUSIVE PRODUCT!  I can hardly wait!!

Oh yeah, remind me to tell you a cute goose story I heard at OnStage. #honk

Today is also Tuesday and if it's Tuesday....


Today's Weekly Deals are all about Christmas!!  I haven't actually got that Jolly Christmas stamp set (part of the 1% I don't have, I guess) but now.....I may have to grab it before it's gone!

No comments: