Thursday, November 19, 2015

What Are You Missing?

I'm excited about tonight's Sweet n' Simple Christmas Card class although I'm a bit sad that it will be the last one of the year. I'm so looking forward to December though so that I can do some planning and creating to get ready for 2016!!  

Tonight we'll be making 4 cards (as always). One of them, is my favourite card of the year. I made quite a few of these at our Ladies Retreat a couple of weeks ago and also made it as my swap card for last weekend's On Stage Event. I knew I just had to share it. 

Here's a couple of photos of what my hotel room looked like last weekend as I finished my swaps, the night before On Stage.



As you can see, I've made different variations of this card using the two different styles of ornament from the Embellished Ornaments stamp set and using different types of Stampin' Up! paper. Gold, Silver, even Black Glimmer Paper. The Red Foil paper is also stunning on this card.  For tonight's class, I decided to go with my favourite; Red Glimmer paper.  I am just in love with this card, even though my craft room is completely covered in glitter.



The next card was a little bit of a labour of love but I am so happy with the results! Colouring can be very therapeutic and I found the time I spent making this card to be very relaxing. It didn't really take that long either. For tonight's class I will have an option available for the "non-colourers" but I just love how this looks. 



This next card, another simple but stunning one, combines the Sleighride Edgelits Dies with a stamp from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set.  The dies from the Sleighride Edgelits have turned out to be another one of my favourites of the year. The combination of Night of Navy and Whisper White with a little bit of Silver is so peaceful. 



Finally, at our recent Ladies Retreat, we all received a cute little treat wrapped up in a square pillow box. The little snowman from the Snow Friends Bundle** is so cute and cheerful that I just had to make some more of these. A little bit of White Glitter Ribbon adds just the right amount of "bling" to this gift holder. 


Thank you for stopping by today. Enjoy the rest of your week and if you're in Toronto, what may turn out to be the last "non-wintery" day of the year. Get outside and enjoy it!!

**The Snow Friends Framelits Dies are one of the items in this week's Weekly Deals.  

No comments: