Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year!

I hope you had a safe and fun New Year's  Eve and I wish you nothing but good things for 2016!

Last night, as I was waiting for my daughter (almost 18 - yes, I still wait up for her) to get home from a party, I decided to make a list. In 2011, I made a list of 11 "good things" that happened during the year. I'm not sure why I didn't continue that and make it an annual "tradition".  It was really fun to go back and read all the good things that happened that year.

So, to start 2016 off with happy thoughts, I made a list of 15 good things from 2015.
  1. One of my oldest friends, Rose, moved to "my hood".  I am so happy to have her 'close'.
  2. Cuba!!  In January my hubby and I took a long overdue vacation to Veradero. We had planned to go back again this January but instead, are doing some home improvements.  Maybe next year. 
  3. Not enough (it's never enough), but a good amount of 'Toronto time' spent with my best girl and #1 daughter Jessica. Among other things, we saw the Stanley Kubrick exhibit, the Pompei exhibit at the Royal Ontario Museum and visited the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario).

  4. Lindsay and Midland weekend retreats with the best stampin' friends ever.
  5. My niece Kaitlyn spent 6 months in France on a school exchange. I was so proud of her - such a big step for a 15 year old.
  6. Alot of my best peeps began reaching their midlife milestone and turned 50 including Barb, Maureen, Lila and yes even me.
    A really bad picture of my adorable family on my 50th.
  7. The Toronto Blue Jays!!!  Best season in over 20 years!  
  8. I got to watch my daughter strut her stuff in a charity fashion show. One of my best 2015 memories.
  9. Mother's Day tea with my mama.
  10. The Queen's Plate and my new fascinator!
  11. The morning train from Barrie (more than once).
  12. Paint Nite!
  13. No t-shirt required (for my hubby) weather on Christmas day.
    Christmas Day 2015
  14. Stampin' Up!  I continue to be amazed at all the amazing friends I have met and friendships I have continued all because of a couple of rubber stamps and some ink pads.
  15. The fact that this list could have been ALOT longer.  #blessed
As always, thanks for stopping by!  I hope to see you soon!  All the best for 2016!!

No comments: