Saturday, January 9, 2016

Mixing and Matching

Good morning!


It's a rainy, grey Saturday morning here in the T-dot so...I'm am going to do some long overdue stamping, blogging and general catch up today.

I had three lovely ladies over last night for a little casual stamping. I prepared 4 super easy cards using some retired DSP and stamp sets and mixing them with some of the new Occasions and Sale-A-Bration products.  Here is what I (and my friends at Pinterest) came up with...

A Mossy Meadow cardbase, some Mossy Meadow stitched ribbon,
a piece from the totally awesome Adventure Bound DSP stack (retired)
and a greeting stamped in Mossy Meadow from the brand new
Going Global stamp set and you've got yourself a beautiful card.
You can't see it in the picture but I've added just a little bit of bling
on the little star in the greeting using a Versamark pen
and some Dazzling Diamonds.
A quick and easy thank you card that ANYONE can make.
Bermuda Bay cardstock as a base, a piece of DSP from the
Kaleidoscope package (retired) and a little washi tape and a button.
You're done!  The greeting is from another new set from the Occasions
calalog called Apple of My Eye. I love how the font looks like I
could have even written it out myself. :-)
This card can be adapted so easily for any sort of card
by changing up the washi tape or the button
(as one of my very clever guests did last night).
The Moonlight DSP (retired) is still one of my all-time favourites.
The combination of colours is just so striking.
Used here on a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock as a base
and paired with the 'just for you' greeting from
the brand new Botanicals For You stamp set and
a few flowers from the (also) brand new Botanical Builder Framelets
and you have another easy but lovely card that anyone
would love to receive.
There is a 4th card but blogger is being a bitch little temperamental and I have alot of stamping to get to so I'm moving on.  

So you can see that mixing a little old with a little new still works out beautifully. Don't get rid of that old, retired DSP, just find some new and interesting ways to use it!  That's what I'll be doing today.

Enjoy your Saturday, whatever you decide to do today!  Thanks for coming by.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always had a terrific time at Kathy's.

Katherine