Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Birthday Stamp-A-Stack

On Sunday, I held a Birthday Stamp-A-Stack class where everybody made a total of 10 cards (wow!) - 2 each of 5 designs.  This is a great way to build up your stash of birthday cards.  I myself have about 6 or 7 birthdays between now and the end of March. I will happily be sending out cards to family and friends with upcoming birthdays.

For the class, I prepared some of the cards, with an option to change up the 2nd. In other words, they were not necessarily two cards of exactly the same design or colour.  For instance, this beautiful card made with the Rose Garden Thinlits Dies and Perfectly Artistic DSP (available for free, but only until February 15th, with your $60 order) using Blushing Bride in one version and Soft Sky in the other.

Same card but using different coloured DSP.  Love this card. 
Here are the other cards we made on Sunday.


This butterfly card was CASE'd from the Stampin' Up!Occasions catalogue (page 51) but, after I finished it, I thought it would be even nicer made with the Happy Birthday cake from the Party Pop Up Thinlits Dies.  Turns out I was right. During the class, some stampers made a butterfly version and a birthday cake version.  I'll make a birthday cake version for myself this week and post a picture. 


This card, CASE'd from Brian King, is another example of a card that had a bit of a change-up option for the second one. One card was made with Crushed Curry numbers and Melon Mambo balloons and the 2nd the colours were reversed. The smart stampers at my class even changed it up a little more by using one Melon Mambo balloon and one Crushed Curry balloon one each card (instead of two of the same colour like I did in the sample). It really made a difference and their cards looked awesome!


Another Brian King card  (I swear, I think I CASE everything Brian posts) and another Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set (only available until February 15th) that I loved the moment I saw it. It's so simple, not alot of stamping, but the colours together look awesome. 


I am IN. LOVE. with the What I Love stamp set (available FREE during Sale-A-Bration). This card uses the masking technique to make the leaves appear as though they are under/behind the flowers. I CASE'd this card (No, not from Brian) from Miss Pink's Craft Spot.  Here I used Watermelon Wonder (which is a colour I don't use too often) with Cucumber Crush, Whisper White and Basic Black. I really like the colour combo alot.  I also used my Clear Wink of Stella pen over the flowers but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think I prefer the card without the sparkle.

I enjoyed (and really appreciate having these cards on hand now) my Birthday Stamp-A-Stack so much that I've decided to hold one every 2 months.  Next Birthday Stamp-A-Stack will be Sunday April 10th.  

No comments: