Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A Few Swap Cards

I promised a while ago (ack!) to post photos of some of the incredible swap cards I received as part of a "Wow Swap" that I joined at On Stage.  

If one (or most) of those words and phrases sound unfamiliar to you, I'm guessing you're not a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  :-)  Let me clarify a bit.

When you are a demonstrator with Stampin' Up!, one of the things we LOVE to do is swap cards. When we gather together (team meetings, catalogue releases, really any time we get together) the swapping is very, very important. There are two types of swaps that I have been part of in the past.

General Swaps. This is when you make a card (fronts only) of your own design or CASE'd from someone else and you make as many as you can.  10, 20, 50...it's up to you. When you get to the event where the general swapping will take place, you simply walk around the room and hand out your card front to other demonstrators who are swapping until all your cards are gone. In turn, you'll receive DIFFERENT cards from those demonstrators. These are great for displaying to others and for your own inspiration. You can also take the fronts, adhere to a card base and voila! A card.  Cool, right?

WOW (Organized) Swaps. Usually one person will be in charge of setting the "rules" for this type of swap. There will be a predetermined number of people in the swap group (in this case there was 15). You are responsible for making 15 FULL CARDS following the rules as they have been posted. In this case, at the WOW swap I joined for On Stage earlier this month, the rules (I can't find the exact wording) were something like, each card must use at least two layers of card stock, at least one embellishment, a fancy fold or other WOW technique, be stamped on the inside of the card.  

My card was nice. I've never participated in a WOW swap before and now I know. WOW means 
WOW!!

The cards I received are truly amazing.  Here are some photos. Enjoy!

This is my card made using the Floral Boutique DSP.
It's a "fancy fold" card.

This is how the card looks once it's opened. The inside greeting is
from the Floral Phrases stamp set.
This is one of the beautiful swap cards I received.  I think the leaves
on the outside of the card are from the Grateful Bunch stamp set
and the main flower image is from
the Birthday Blooms set.
Check out the card once it's open though.
The photo doesn't do it justice.
It's awesome!

This card is unbelievable!  I can't even imagine the time that was spent
on this card. It's a large, square card so a non-standard
envelope will be needed but it's so amazing. The images are from the
Moon Baby stamp set.
When it's open, it looks like a baby's room.  Adorable.
I am a very bad demonstrator/swapper and didn't take the time to write down the names of the ladies who made these amazing cards so that I could give credit but these cards were made by some very talented demonstrators from Team S.T.I.C. (my upline's team). 

There are lots more cards (a dozen more) and I'll post over the next coming days (weeks, probably) so remember to come back and have a look.

If you have questions about anything you see here or would like to learn more about the perks and fun of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, please feel free to leave a message or send me an email anytime.

No comments: