Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Some Birthday Cards

Sunday afternoon I had my last birthday card class until the fall. I know I had planned on having a monthly birthday card class which suggests...1 class every month ;-) but I'm taking the summer off! When I announced this yesterday during class, one of my very good friends/stampers/customers got SO excited for me. She thought I meant I was taking the summer off from my full time job. Sadly, no.  

It's been a dream of mine to be able to afford to take the months from June until September as a "sabbatical" but....it hasn't happened yet. Maybe in a couple of years I'll be able to comfortably go without a paycheque for 3 months but not yet.

Anyways....we had our class on Sunday afternoon and I wanted to share the cards we made. We used some of my favourite retiring sets...it's hard to say goodbye to such good "friends".

This is probably the hardest set to say good bye to - Gorgeous Grunge.
It is right up there with Lovely as a Tree and Vintage Leaves on my list
of stamps I can't live without. Will it make it into the bin for my retired stamp sale?
The card base for this card was created with Tip Top Taupe - also retiring. 
More retiring products and colours. Good-bye Mint Macaron. I'll miss you.
Also retiring - Botanical Gardens.  (Sorry about the crooked photo).
Thankfully. THANKFULLY!  Vintage Leaves is not retiring and
Watercolour Wash is also remaining with us. I jumped on board the Vintage
Leaves train a bit late but now that I'm on it...I can't get off it!  LOL. Thanks Tracey!
Lastly, the girls who attend my birthday card classes always receive a small gift from me...it IS a birthday party, after all. On Sunday, everyone received a package of Stampin' Up! Dimensionals topped with a brand new accessory from the new catalog.  

These In Colour Bitty Bows are SO adorable I can barely stand it.
Have a wonderful week everyone!  This is the week that the new catalog goes live!  Stay tuned for some photos of projects made with new product!  I'll be working hard this week!

No comments: