Thursday, August 3, 2017

Climbing Orchid Swap

I fell in love with the Climbing Orchid Bundle (Climbing Orchid Stamp Set and Orchid Builder Framelits Dies) as soon as I saw it in the catalogue.  I haven't seen too many samples around the internet on Pinterest and other websites and that's probably the reason I haven't started to play with it....until now.

I am participating in a card swap tonight so needed to make 15 cards. I knew I wanted to use this set but didn't really know how my card would look.

I did find a sample using the Color Theory DSP Stack and loved it. I found another sample I liked that was a "gate fold" card so, after a few unsuccessful attempts, I came up with a card that combined the 2 or 3 different samples I came up with my card.

Here it is in Whisper White, Crushed Curry and Basic Black.
The orchid centres (not very well photographed) are Glitter Enamel Dots,
a new embellishment, and I am completely obsessed with them.
They come in colours that match with the Color Theory DSP. 

Here it is in Berry Burst.
..and in Dapper Denim (card closed)

Dapper Denim (card open)
I will be back over the weekend to share some of the swap cards I receive tonight.

Would you like to receive a list of the supplies I used to make these cards? Simply leave a comment on this post, along with your email and I'll send it to you. 

No comments: